If you are looking for past changelogs, check out this page.
The year 2021 starts off good – with libGDX 1.9.13, a minor release containing improvements and fixes in various areas of our codebase. Among those are two breaking changes, which might require you to update your applications:
- The keycodes for
F12were changed to fix them on Android. If you saved those values, for example in config files, you need to migrate (#6299).
padsfields have been removed and moved to name/value pairs. Use
Other notable changes include:
- Update to MobiVM 2.3.12, which includes iOS 14 bindings.
- The Box2D collision filtering issue present in libGDX 1.9.12 was fixed.
- TexturePacker now supports a new format reading arbitrary name/value pairs for each region. See #6316.
- A lot of (not as commonly used) keycodes were added to the constants in
- Version 2.0.0 of gdx-controllers was finally released. Take a look at Status Report #3 for some pointers on what has changed.
- The first snapshots for gdx-video are available. Be sure to try them out and report back if anything breaks!
The latest version of dependencies can, as always, be found here.
- [BREAKING CHANGE] Fixed keycode representations for ESCAPE, END, INSERT and F1 to F12. These keys are working on Android now, but if you hardcoded or saved the values you might need to migrate. - [BREAKING CHANGE] TextureAtlas.AtlasRegion and Region splits and pads fields have been removed and moved to name/value pairs, use #findValue("split") and #findValue("pad") instead. - iOS: Update to MobiVM 2.3.12 - GWT: Key codes set with Gdx.input.setCatchKey prevent default browser behaviour - Added Scaling.contain mode: Scales the source to fit the target while keeping the same aspect ratio, but the source is not scaled at all if smaller in both directions. - API Addition: Added hasContents() to Clipboard interface, to reduce clipboard notifications on iOS 14 - TOOLS Features: Blending mode can be changed in Flame particle 3D editor. - Input Keycodes added: CAPS_LOCK, PAUSE (aka Break), PRINT_SCREEN, SCROLL_LOCK, F13 to F24, NUMPAD_DIVIDE, NUMPAD_MULTIPLY, NUMPAD_SUBTRACT, NUMPAD_ADD, NUMPAD_DOT, NUMPAD_COMMA, NUMPAD_ENTER, NUMPAD_EQUALS, NUMPAD_LEFT_PAREN, NUMPAD_RIGHT_PAREN, NUM_LOCK. Following changes might be done depending on platform: Keys.STAR to Keys.NUMPAD_MULTIPLY, Keys.SLASH to Keys.NUMPAD_DIVIDE, Keys.NUM to Keys.NUM_LOCK, Keys.COMMA to Keys.NUMPAD_COMMA, Keys.PERIOD to Keys.NUMPAD_DOT, Keys.ENTER to Keys.NUMPAD_ENTER, Keys.PLUS to Keys.NUMPAD_ADD, Keys.MINUS to Keys.NUMPAD_SUBTRACT - Added a QuadFloatTree class. - Desktop: Cubemap Seamless feature is now enabled by default when supported, can be changed via backend specific methods, see supportsCubeMapSeamless and enableCubeMapSeamless in both LwjglGraphics and Lwjgl3Graphics. - API Addition: TextureAtlas reads arbitrary name/value pairs for each region. See #6316. - TexturePacker writes using a new format when legacyOutput is false (default is true). TextureAtlas can read both old and new formats. See #6316.