If you are looking for past changelogs, check out this page.
libGDX 1.12.1 is a minor release containing plenty of small fixes and improvements. Check out the full list below to find out more.
A few notable changes
- [ANDROID] Fix the Android X build error by changing the
- [CORE] Add a
- [iOS] Updated to MobiVM 2.3.20 from 2.3.19.
- [LWJGL3] Updated to LWJGL 3.3.3 from 3.3.2.
- [LWJGL3] The audio device is automatically switched if it was changed in the operating system.
- [LWJGL3] Use STBVorbis to decode Ogg data for
Soundto greatly improve its speed.
- [LWJGL3] We lowered the GLIBC requirements to 2.17 in order to reintroduce support for older Linux systems.
- [LWJGL3][ANGLE] Fix crash with ANGLE GLES renderer.
To check out our progress towards the next release, take a look at the corresponding milestone on GitHub. As always, we appreciate feedback on the issues/PRs already part of the milestone and would like to invite you to bring forward anything still missing on our Discord server!
- LWJGL3 Improvement: Audio device is automatically switched if it was changed in the operating system. - Tiled Fix: TiledLayer parallax default values fix - API Addition: TiledDrawable: Align can be set to manipulate the alignment of the rendering (TiledDrawable#setAlign, TiledDrawable#getAlign) - API Addition: TiledDrawable#draw: Also available as a static function (with align) if you don't want to create an extra instance per texture region - Android: Removed mouse catching added on 1.12.0 due to unintended effects (see #7187). - Android: Fixed touch state inconsistency when touching screen with 3 fingers on some devices (see #7256) - iOS: Update to MobiVM 2.3.20 - API Addition: Using "object" property in Tiled object now fetches MapObject being pointed to, and BaseTmxMapLoader includes method for fetching map where key is id and value is MapObject instance. - Update to LWJGL 3.3.3 - API Addition: Vector4 is just like Vector2 or Vector3, but with x, y, z, and w float components; a Vector4 can be passed as a shader uniform. - Fix: Fix crash with ANGLE GLES renderer - API Change: Use STBVorbis to decode ogg data for Sound - API Change: Remove usage of deprecated tag on GL30 - Lower GLIBC requirements to 2.17 in order to support older Linux systems - Fix: Fix setCursor releasing the caught cursor on the LWJGL 3 backend. - Fix crash in ParticleEditor and Flame - Fix bitwise precedence in ModelBatch#addMesh (float vertices, short indices) - Improve the default font's compatibility with GL30 - Fix potential IndexOutOfBoundsException on AsynchronousAndroidSound - API Addition: GwtGL20 & GwtGL30#glGetFramebufferAttachmentParameteriv - Fix Tiled classes not being registered in the reflection cache - Fix: Change androidx.fragment dependency to compileOnly - Fix borderless fullscreen when taskbar is on the left/top